Sunday, September 21, 2008

A birthday weekend with the girls in San Diego

I had the opportunity to go out of town for the weekend.  It has been a little over a year since I have left Jared like that and so I was a little nervous to take off but with the help of some great friends and Blake and my Dad we did it.  And I had a fantastic time.  Thank you everyone who helped.  I owe you big time.Me at the hotel where my sister works.  We are just ariving and getting ready to go have fun.  I had to dress up to get a first class seat on the airplane.  My first time in first class and I have to say it was pretty cool.  My mom works for SkyWest so we can fly for cheap a few times a year.      
Getting a hug from my sister.  She works hard, studies hard, and also plays hard (who wouldn't if they lived in San Diego).  We got to stay for free at her hotel and it was very nice to have someone with us who knew what they were doing and where they were going.   
When I got to our room I found this birthday surprise.  The room we had came with an extra room with bunkbeds and a seperate TV all for me.   
We all slept in the other room but not before making sure we took full advantage of jumping on the bunkbeds.
The pink badge I am wearing says "Birthday girl".  I had to wear it all day.  When we would go out random people would stop and say happy birthday and I always thought "how do they know" but then it would dawn on me that I was advertising it. 

2 comments:

Mindy and Marty said...

well happy late birthday! what exact day is it again? the 18th? i love you for having a blog now...we haven't seen you guys in too long. i want to make a drive up to see you soon...so glad you had such a great trip in diego with the girls...well deserved trip! you and jared look GREAT...love ya

Barkley's said...

yay for sisters!! I hope your birthday was marvelous! Love ya -stef