Sunday, April 12, 2009

Memorial Sculpture




USU had a memorial built to honor all of those who passed away in the van accident Jared was involved with in 2005.  It it really beautiful.  Nine tiles depict personal interests and the personalities of those who were lost.  Here are my best pictures.  We were lucky enough to obtain a framed copy of the whole thing.  What a wonderful tribute, and how thoughtful of the university to see it through.  We will always remember.  

7 comments:

Jason Both said...

That's beauiful. I researched what happened because i figured there had to be some news article or someting about Jared's accident. I didn't know it involed that many people. I was suprised.
Jason worked in Vehicle Services most of the time we were at BYU-Idaho. I remember them taking seats out of the fifteen passenger vans around that time. It must have been partly in response to tragic roll overs like that one. It's really sad that those vans had flaws in the designs. Things could have turned out so much happier without those flaws.

Jed and Kera said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! I still haven't made it to the university to see it. I loved it. It is so beautiful. I agree with you that it's great that they saw it through. :O) We love you guys!

deveney said...

that is wonderful! what a great memorial, so glad that you guys could see it, hope all is well:)

Heidi and Michael said...

Wow... so beautiful and so wonderful. What a great tribute. Hope you guys are doing well! You're both amazing!

Barkley's said...

I was so sad you guys were unable to make it to the party, but we understood :) Hope to see you guys this summer love you. What do each of the scultures mean? That is a wonderful way to remember all those people who were lost and those who still remain affected.

Jason Both said...

Hey Amy! I've made my blogs private. My e-mail is jbo2000@msn.com
I'll send an invite. Title it "blog" so I'll catch it amongst all the junk mail we get. Thanks

Mindy and Marty said...

I saw that on the news a while back. That is so neat, so awesome that they did that. It is beautiful even to me and probably means ALOT more to those involved and those that lost those loved ones.
YOU and JARED are amazing, I will always remember THAT.